Effective Date: November 22, 2018
Data Controller Contact Information
Sorina Weber at Digital Train
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
Generally, we collect information you voluntarily submit to the website, such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
If you buy products or services from us, we collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, credit card or other payment information, phone number, and other information listed and necessary for us to deliver your order.
You typically control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our website.
We might get other routine information such as:
- Information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Information that is automatically collected, for example, your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed and the dates or times when you accessed the website. None of this automatic information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
If you are interested in our products or services, in order to legally enter into a contract, we need to collect and process your personal data.
All your collected personal data will be collected and processed through our website opt-in forms, with your consent. We will not be able to provide you with contractual services without your express consent on personal data collection, but you will still be able to access and use some parts of our website.
How we use information
We use the information we receive from you to:
– Analyze trends among our users to help improve our website and services
– Send you the orders you have placed on our website
– Personalize and customize our content
– Contact you with updates to our website, products, and services
– Contact you with promotional information that we believe may be of interest to you, for example via newsletters
– Contact you with administrative communications, such as confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts etc.
Cookies and Online Advertising
There are 3 types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these allow the browser to remember changes you are making. They are used to mainly remember what the user has put in their shopping cart, allowing you, for example, to keep items in your basket when shopping online. They allow the website you are using to remember the changes you are making from page to page. These cookies expire at the end of the user session when the browser is closed, so they are not stored long term.
- Permanent/persistent cookies: these cookies are stored even after you have closed the browser. They may be used for remembering your login details, password and choices, so you don’t have to re-enter them every time. They may be also used for you to receive personalized advertising. The law concerning permanent cookies stipulates that they need to be deleted after a period of 1 year. They will be stored for 1 year at Digital Train as well, unless you choose to delete them before the expiry date.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
You can see which cookies we use on our site and opt out of accepting them at any time by accessing our Cookie Declaration page. As mentioned, we are very careful with and transparent and honest about the usage of your data.
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our site. Some features of the site may cease to be available to you.
We may also use a technology called web beacons (or pixel tags) which are often used in combination with cookies. They are images that are part of Web pages, which allow us to count users who have visited certain pages, or the number of people who open our emails and to generate statistics about how our site is used. No personally identifiable information collected by Digital Train is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
We use the following types of cookies and web beacons:
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels that allow us to make an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, Digital Train may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows Digital Train to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Digital Train may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links to our website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Digital Train is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, Digital Train will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Read more about affiliate in our Disclaimer
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize web beacons which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
We do not share or rent your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We also share information in the following ways:
- We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors, web analytics companies, advertising networks, marketing assistance providers, customer management tools providers, accountants, law firms, email service providers and shipping companies. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
- We may share your personal data with third parties for similar audience marketing purposes, and these include Facebook and/or Google. Your personal data is only shared with Facebook and Google for this type of marketing, as permitted under applicable law. By using our website and agreeing to our privacy notice, you are giving your consent for your data to be used for the marketing purposes described within this section.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so and if we consider that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property ; (c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.4. If you give your consent and choose to post on our website discussion boards, via comments or otherwise, your information will be made available on a public website and thus all parties with access to our website will have access to your information. You should never disclose sensitive information through postings, as such information is not protected by our privacy notice and we liable if you choose to disclose them and cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires Digital Train by means of a merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Digital Train becomes insolvent, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will however be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
Personal Data and your rights
We will retain information that we collect from you, including your personal data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection and for as long as we need it in order to comply with our legal, business, or tax obligations.
Updating or Removing your Personal Data
When using our website and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have the right to opt out, modify, access, amend or In certain situations, request that we erase or forget your personal data. If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by Digital Train, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
For details about your rights under the law, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office Guide to the GDPR.
When we communicate with you about our website, we will use the email address you voluntarily provided to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, download, free challenge, or enter a promotion.
We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also occasionally to send you emails regarding Digital Train or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving such information. We will not use your email address to contact you for unrelated reasons. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the emails or by sending us an email with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not share your email address with any third parties.
We have implemented appropriate technical and administrative tools to protect Personal Data, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee 100 percent security against the loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature.
Our website is nor designed for the use of anyone under the age of 16. Digital Train does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that Digital Train has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Credit Card Usage
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our website. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. Your credit card number is sent in encrypted form to our credit card processor in order to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
Website Content contribution
Any content you contribute to the site, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third-party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Digital Train or a third party.
Digital Train reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to the Website. Digital Train takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party. Digital Train does not undertake to monitor the submission of all content to, or the publication of such content on the website.
Digital Train offers the option for you to leave comments, engaging with the Website’s posts. The following types of comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted:
- harassment directed toward any content creator or Digital Train;
- hate speech;
- defamatory to Digital Train or any third party;
- reference illegal acts
- violate the legal rights of a third party.
Any comments in violation will be promptly deleted and no further explanation will be due to you if your comment was determined to be in violation with this policy.
Ocasionally, Digital Train publishes posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on Digital Train in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.